He showed me where he has stored his will, title deed to his property, bank information, etc.
He even has a list of people to invite to his funeral (names and addresses)!
When you are young, you are immortal. Drawing up a will is conceding that you are going to die, so avoid it, right? Wrong!
See your bank or lawyer to prepare your will. If you are living together but not married, conclude a life partnership (or cohabitation) agreement.
To prepare for your death, I advise you to:
· Put together a box file containing all your important documents, and tell your nearest and dearest, where it is. In this box file, store your will, marriage contract, insurance policies, title deeds, papers for cars, caravans and boats, timeshare information. and other important papers;
· List your creditors (credit card, loans, mortgages, store accounts, etc.);
· List important numbers for your heirs, such as the name of your broker, lawyer, doctor, dentist, financial advisor, etc.;
· Leave a list of family and friends, to contact on your death;
· List what happens to your DSTV, armed response, personal and home insurance, etc.;
· Describe where you want to be buried or cremated, and your funeral wishes, in general;
· List codes for your security system, and where to find keys for your safe deposit box, post office box, etc.;
· List all your virtual accounts, user names and passwords (ranging from email accounts to your social networking profiles) and retain these passwords, with other valuables, in a safety deposit box, to be revealed to your executors, only on your death.
· Instruct your executors whether to keep your social media sites current or delete them. You may, for example, want your executors to notify your friends or connections of your passing, and to keep the sites open, as a memorial. If you decide to memorialize your accounts, Twitter and Facebook will shut down your account, but your executors can set the privacy so that only confirmed family and friends can see the profile and leave posts on the profile Wall, in remembrance.